Leaked just yesterday, Naughty Dog has officially revealed The Last of Us 2 Grounded update, set to release this week!
Over on the Naughty Dog website, the developers have published an in-depth post of what The Last of Us 2 Grounded update will contain when it releases this Thursday. Down below you’ll find the full patch notes, along with a brand-new trailer and some screenshots to show off the new features.
The Last of Us 2 Grounded Update Patch Notes
- Grounded – This difficulty raises the stakes by not only making enemies deadlier and ammo, upgrade, and crafting materials incredibly scarce, but also removing invaluable tools for survival, such as disabling Listen mode, deactivating elements of the HUD, and more**. Beginning with the update, Grounded will become one of the base difficulty options available when starting the story, so you won’t need to have beaten the game once already to access it.
- Permadeath – With this custom mode enabled, there are no second chances–you must complete the entire game without dying or start over from the beginning. However, if taking on the whole game is too daunting, you can choose to enable Permadeath mode with checkpoints on a per-chapter or per-act basis. In other words, if you die at the end of Day One, you’ll have to play the entire day over again.
Two new trophies for the new modes above.
New Gameplay Modifiers
- Mirror World
- Mirror on Death
- Slow Motion
- Bullet Speed Mode
- Infinite Ammo
- Infinite Crafting
- Infinite Melee Durability
- Infinite Listen Mode Range
- One Shot
- Touch of Death
- 8-bit Audio
- 4-bit Audio
- Helium Audio
- Xenon Audio
- Saves now display playtime up to the second
- Film Grain Adjustment option
- Disable Listen Mode option
- Motion Sensor Function Aiming option
- Arc Throw HUD Display option
- Aiming Acceleration Scale option
- Aiming Ramp Power Scale option
- Accessibility improvements to Ground Zero encounter, collectible tracking, Enhanced Listen Mode for collectibles, and rope gameplay
The Last of Us 2 Grounded Update will be releasing on Thursday, August 13. We’ll be sure to let you all know when the patch is live.