Father, gamer, games media vet, writer of words, killer of noobs.
Respawn Entertainment has a treat for Star Wars fans this Star Wars Day, as the studio has now released Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order May 4 update and it’s live now! This adds new content to the game. Check out the complete Jedi Fallen Order May 4 patch notes below.
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order May 4 update patch notes:
- New Journey + added
- Unlocked after beating the game
- All cosmetic unlocks are carried over
- All lightsaber colours are available from the start
- Exclusive dark side-themed cosmetics available in NJ+
- Inquisitor uniform
- Protection and Defence I & II lightsaber parts
- Red kyber crystal
- Meditation Training game modes added as part of NJ+
- Combat Challenges
- Wave-based game modes to fight against preset enemies
- Battle Grid
- Sandbox-style game mode for players to make their own encounters
- Cosmetic rewards for BD-1
- Combat Challenges
- Button-mashing quick-time events can now be skipped
- Needing to hold the Climb button can now be disabled
- Holding a button to confirm/interact with something can be changed to a button press
- Text size scaling options have been added
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- Improved transitions between parry and block animations
- The Bog Rats on Bogano were sometimes floating. They should now be more grounded.
- Improved the transitions into and out of jumping and double jumping
- Fixed the issue where Cal could get stuck in an endless falling loop during air attacks
- Fixed the issue that would prevent Cal from progressing his journey when a Bounty Hunter would show up
- Improved overall responsiveness of gameplay and the reliability of actions based on player feedback
The biggest part of this update is the new Meditation Training, where players can fight bosses and has two modes: Combat Challenges and Battle Grid.
Combat Challenges will pit Cal against waves of enemies across multiple planetary backdrops from across the galaxy, including the Imperial stronghold Fortress Inquisitorius. Each unique location will feature its own unique challenges, too, allowing for tailor-made experiences that draw from each environment. Different challenges will have different numbers of waves and each will have a three-star completion rating.
What makes these challenges especially unique is that they’ve all been designed for veteran players. They’re designed to be tackled when Cal is at his strongest and most experienced towards the end of the game, so be wary if you decide to take on challenges early in a playthrough. The abilities Cal knows at the time of entering his meditation will be the ones you take into a challenge.
There are 12 challenges in total and each challenge has three stars. Unlocking twelve stars in total, regardless of how many you get per challenge, will give you three new BD-1 appearances.
- Star 1: Complete the challenge
- Star 2: Complete the challenge without healing
- Star 3: Complete the challenge without taking damage
Meditation Training is unlocked when players complete the game’s story and begin again with a new mode called “New Journey+” which lets players restart the story with previously unlockd cosmetic items.
More details regarding Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order update 1.09 can be seen here.