It’s a great time to be a Spider-Man fan especially if you own a PS5 or PS4, as Insomniac Games recently released Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and rereleased a remaster of their critically acclaimed first hit in Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered. Since hitting the PS4 in 2018, the first game spotlighting Peter Parker and his world sold 3 million units on its first three days, and now a new report states that those figures have been updated to 20 million units globally, making quite the amazing achievement for Sony and Insomniac Games.
Here’s the tweet sharing the good news, with the last count reported to be 13.2 million units as of August 2019.
— Timur222 (@bogorad222) November 18, 2020
Listed in the LinkedIn profile David Bull, the PlayStation employee who holds a Global Marketing Leader position in the company expressed the achievement in his resume, which includes other games like Uncharted, Death Stranding, and Ratchet & Clank.
Some key achievements in this role are:
• Directed successful marketing strategies, accounting for $6.8B in revenue, and 75MM video game titles shipped worldwide. Remarkable franchises include Marvel’s Spider-Man, Death Stranding, Uncharted, and Ratchet & Clank.
• Broke sales records with a recognized marketing campaign for Marvel’s Spider-Man. Sold 3.3MM units sold in the first three days, and over 20 million units globally.
• Championed global team of marketers and creatives, training them on marketing strategies, leadership, best practices, and cross-functional collaboration.
Currently leading teams on:
– Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
– Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
– DEATH STRANDING
– future unannounced PS5 games
Be sure to check out our other feature on Spider-Man: Remastered Players warned not to put the game on Rest Mode on the PS5.
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered is now out digitally for PS5 as a bonus game for players who purchased the Ultimate Edition of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales.