Father, gamer, games media vet, writer of words, killer of noobs.
Who doesn’t want free stuff, right? Aside from Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, and Journey being made available by Sony, it looks like SIE Japan Studio’s Knack 2 is also free to download! Well, there’s a step or two to do first before getting that Knack 2 free download, but it’s a cinch.
Knack 2 is free on the German PlayStation Store, and all you need to get it is to create a German PSN account, and that’s it! You don’t need to be an active PlayStation Plus member at all. Not sure how to create a German PSN account? Here’s a step by step guide (via the PlayStationTrophies forums):
2. Choose “Deutschland” (Germany). It is overwritten with “Land oder Region”
3. Next field is language. I’m not sure, but you might be able to choose english there. If you want to male sure, choose “Deutsch” (german)
4. Enter your date of birth. First days, then month, last year.
5. Click on “Weiter” (next)
6. Choose the “Ort” (town), where you live. Obviously ot has to be a german one. Just write “Lienen”. (It’s a small village near my hometown.
7. Next is “Bundesland/Provinz” (approximately equal to states in america like New York or Seattle, for example). Write “NRW” or “Nordrhein-Westfalen”.
8. Now comes the “Postleitzahl” (I’m not sure about the english term, but ‘postal code (?)). Write “49536”.
9. Click on “Weiter” again
10. Now he asks for your Email-adress. Choose one to your liking. Any which isn’t already linked to PSN should suffice.
11. Then enter your “Passwort” (password) of choice and repeat it in the last field.
12. Leave the checkboxes empty (just marketing) and click on “Weiter”.
13. Finally create your new ID. “Online-ID” is your new ID (as you probably guessed).
14. Enter your “Vorname” (first name).
15. Enter your “Nachname” (sur name / family name).
16. It then asks for “Aktivitäten” (activities). Basically who may see, what you do in PSN. Ignore it.
17. Next is “Trophäen” (trophies). Who can see which trophies you achieve. Ignore it as well.
18. Click on “Weiter”
19. Ignore the next batch of checkboxes as well. They are just the settings for PSN friends.
20. Click on “Weiter”
21. Just more settings to follow. “Weiter”.
23. Check your Mails and click on the link (blue box “Jetzt verifizieren” (prove now)) inside it to prove your adress.
24. Now choose the right option “Bereits bestätigt” (Already done/proven)
25. Click on “Fortfahren” (Go on)
26. Don’t connect to facebook and instead choose the left option “Führe dies später durch” (do it later)
27. I guess you don’t want to enter PS Plus, so click on “Weiter”, then “Überspringen”
28. You are then asked if this is your primary PS4. Click on “Aktivieren” (activate). This way you say it is.
29. Then it says your information has been saved to this PS4. Say “Ok” (Ok ^^)
30. Done. You just sucessfully created a german PSN account on your PS4.