Originally launching on the Nintendo Switch last year, the definitive edition of Dragon Quest XI, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age is finally coming to the PlayStation 4 and PC, and for the first time, Xbox One.
This announcement was made during the Xbox Game Showcase event, giving us a new trailer that highlights some of the improvements.
Down below is also a breakdown of just some of the new features found in this definitive edition.
- New character side stories – Get to know your fascinating cast of companions more than ever with individual side stories and adventures
- Retro 2D mode – In addition to stunning 3D, you can also choose to play in 2D with retro inspired graphics of classic 16-bit RPGs
- 16-bit World of Tickington – Journey to past DRAGON QUEST worlds full of additional side-quests reimagined in the retro style
- Japanese audio – Choice to play the entire game with all-new Japanese voice-over or the original English
- Fully Orchestrated Soundtrack – Ability to switch between the symphonic soundtrack or the original synthesized soundtrack as you travel the world of Erdrea
- Photo mode – Immortalize your adventure with the perfect image. Rearrange characters, set different poses, change angles, etc. are just some of the features available in Photo Mode
Unfortunately, existing owners (PS4 and PC) of Dragon Quest XI will not be given an option to upgrade Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age is retailing for $40 and will be releasing on December 4, 2020.